What are fitness parks or urban gyms?
In response to the need to facilitate physical exercise in our cities and promote a healthy lifestyle, fitness parks and outdoor gyms have emerged. These are public spaces where users can exercise in the open air, safely, free of charge and accessible to everyone. These outdoor gyms are usually installed in parks and public spaces, which are a common part of the sports equipment installed by local councils in our cities. The installation of these gym and fitness equipment in urban spaces is an asset of great value for cities, municipalities and collective recreational spaces.
What are the benefits of outdoor gyms and fitness parks installed in public spaces?
Urban fitness circuits and healthy parks are made up of different gym equipment, suitable for young and old, which offer the following benefits:
- They support heart and muscle function.
- Improves flexibility and stability of the legs.
- They strengthen the abdominal and lumbar muscles.
- They promote general coordination of the arms.
- Encourage social interaction between the various users of the park.
- They make older people aware of the importance of carrying out physical exercise programmes to maintain or improve their autonomy and quality of life.
- They improve cognitive, sensory and motor functions of the brain.
- They improve balance, coordination, strength, mobility and agility.
- These are training spaces where, in addition to healthy exercise, values such as respect, education and solidarity are promoted.
European manufacturer of fitness equipment for city parks.
Urban Sports is a leading manufacturer and distributor of outdoor gym equipment, fitness parks and street workout equipment. We offer individual fitness stations and complete training packages.
In our desire to continue innovating in the sector, we have been designing outdoor gym equipment and street workout equipment for more than 15 years so that everyone, children, young people and adults, can benefit from healthy exercise in the outdoor public spaces of our towns and cities.
All our outdoor fitness equipment is manufactured according to European standards EN1176 and EN16630, using the most advanced materials on the market.
Materials and manufacturing processes for urban fitness equipment.
- The posts are made of 114 mm diameter galvanised steel tubes, with an anchor base of 300 mm diameter and 4 mm thick with 4 holes for M120X100 metal expansion plugs. The rest of the tubes are round galvanised steel tubes, in different diameters 25/32/38/48/60 mm.
- The screw covers are made of aluminium and are highly resistant to breakage and ageing. The seats, backrests and bases are made of polyethylene and/or steel. The fastenings are made with countersunk screws and stainless steel blind or self-locking nuts.
- The bearings are self-lubricating and sealed against water and dust. The welds adopt the "CO2 shielded arc welding" method and comply with current standards.
- For the painting process, a phosphating pre-treatment is applied to clean and improve adherence, followed by an anti-corrosion electrostatic powder coating based on polyester resin, specially designed for stability and colour retention, and finally oven-drying at high temperatures.
HERE YOU WILL FIND SOME OF OUR GYM PACKAGES AND FITNESS CIRCUITS FOR URBAN PARKS:
REQUEST A QUOTE. Free advice
Basic information on data protection: Responsible: Urban Sports. Purpose: To manage the sending of information and commercial prospecting. Legitimation: Consent of the interested party. Addressees: Users who consult. Rights: Access, rectification, deletion, limitation, portability and oblivion of your data.